Mar 22, 2023, 1 pm CDT
This training will educate attendees on how to use the eProject Builder (ePB) greenhouse gas (GHG) calculation tool to develop estimates of project GHG emissions and to compare different project scenarios’ potential GHG emissions impacts.
This tool provides federal agencies with a straightforward, user-friendly way to estimate the annual GHG emissions impacts of proposed projects, incorporating the estimated project energy savings and information from EPA’s Emissions & Generation Resource Integrated Database (eGrid).
Attendees will learn which data inputs are required and how to complete the ePB data template inputs to develop the GHG calculations. They will also learn how to enter savings for various energy and fuel types, and how those entries impact Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions impacts.
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab (LBNL), on behalf of the U.S. Department of Energy’s Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) recently released the new GHG calculation tool in the ePB project data template.
This tool was developed to support federal agencies’ need to report GHG impacts of energy projects and decarbonize the energy use of their buildings and meet several federal mandates and targets, including helping to meet the net-zero emissions goals of Executive Order 14057, Catalyzing Clean Energy Industries and Jobs through Federal Sustainability.
Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Identify key federal reporting requirements for ESPC, UESC and direct-funded energy retrofit projects, for which this GHG tool will be relevant.
- Receive an overview of the ePB system and project template relevant to being able to use the GHG tool.
- Recognize which project data inputs are required for developing the GHG calculations in the ePB project data template.
- Identify how to complete the ePB project data template for various energy and fuel types and how to complete the GHG tool using either the ePB non-calculating template or the ePB calculating template.
- Identify how to enter fuel savings data for purchased vs. self-produced steam and chilled water—and how those relate to Scope 1 and 2 emissions; Identify the correct eGrid region for the ECM- or project-level information provided.
- Complete an example scenario that compares a “business as usual” project with a project designed to reduce GHGs (e.g., with a fuel-switching measure)—and compare the impacts on price, energy and cost savings and GHG emissions between the two scenarios.
- Learn about future planned updates to the ePB GHG calculation feature.
You must be logged in to post a comment.