Download the technical report, roadmap, and case study matrix.
This research is a world first.
- It’s the first to measure volume (weight) using a standardized system across the whole food value chain
- It encompasses all food types from terrestrial and marine commodities
- It identifies and validates loss factors based on primary data provided by industry
- It provides a whole of chain analysis, from primary production through to end of lift
- It identifies the root causes of FLW, where they occur along the value chain, and the extent to which they differ by food type
- It establishes a replicable whole of chain FLW analytical framework, comprising standardized metrics that can be used at enterprise and industry level
- It establishes a means to connect commodities to finished products (foods and beverages), to enable extrapolations to be established between consumer products and primary source
- It calculates mass balance: total available commodities produced for food, minus exports, plus imports (from a whole chain perspective)
- It assesses the destination of FLW occurring along the value chain