As the world rolls out more solar panels, wind turbines and batteries, we’re cleaning up electricity — and generating a lot of equipment that will ultimately need to be recycled. The clean energy sector has drastically lower impacts on the environment than fossil fuels, but still needs to do its part to conserve resources and curb waste. In this week of special coverage, Canary Media reports on the technologies, policies and companies that can make clean energy even cleaner.
Articles in the series include:
- Why we need to recycle clean energy technologies — and how to do it
- Six big takeaways from Canary Media’s Recycling Renewables series
- 15 companies working to recycle wind turbines, solar panels and batteries
- Take a look inside a lithium-ion battery, solar panel and wind turbine
- EV battery recycling is costly. These five startups could change that
- Four smart ideas for keeping wind turbine blades out of landfills
- New startup aims to recycle 95% of high-value content from solar panels
- How to prepare for the coming flood of used EV batteries
- Get ready for the battery recycling boom
- What to do with clean energy waste?
- Chart: China is trouncing the US on battery recycling