February 8 – 9, 2022
- This free, virtual workshop will bring together members of industry, national laboratories, universities, and government to discuss the needs, challenges, and opportunities associated with carbon-free energy and energy storage for manufacturing and industrial decarbonization
- Energy needs will first be identified for different energy manufacturing sectors (e.g., cement/steel production, chemical synthesis, food processing, petroleum refining)
- Energy storage technologies and associated challenges will then be presented from experts in the field
- Ample time will be provided for discussion and Q&A
- The outcome of this workshop will be a summary of needs and gaps (scale and duration), use cases, potential technologies, and a framework for implementation of energy storage for manufacturing and industrial decarbonization (Energy StorM) through initiatives such as the U.S. DOE Energy Storage Grand Challenge.
- Please check out Sandia’s Energy Storage Handbook website for background information on relevant energy storage technologies.