The Society of Environmental Journalists is pleased to announce the winners of the SEJ Awards for Reporting on the Environment, which honor the best articles, radio broadcasts and videos released from February 1, 2020, through January 31, 2021, and the best books on environmental topics published in 2020.
The SEJ contest is the world’s largest and most comprehensive environmental journalism competition, with 433 entries in spite of reporters all over the world being grounded by the pandemic. Entries are judged by independent panels of journalists and professors.
Click on the links below to view the winners in each category.
- Kevin Carmody Award for Outstanding Investigative Reporting, Large
- Kevin Carmody Award for Outstanding Investigative Reporting, Small
- Outstanding Beat Reporting, Large
- Outstanding Beat Reporting, Small
- Outstanding Explanatory Reporting, Large
- Outstanding Explanatory Reporting, Small
- Outstanding Feature Story, Large
- Outstanding Feature Story, Small
- Outstanding Student Reporting
- Rachel Carson Environment Book Award