May 26, 2021, 11:30 am-1:00 pm CDT
A range of many different types of solvents are used in diverse ways by thousands of companies in the nation. Find out how you can help those companies adopt pollution prevention (P2) measures by guiding them to safer alternatives. Get ideas on where and how to focus P2 efforts.
The US EPA P2 grant program describes several National Emphasis Areas (NEAs) and solvents are used extensively by companies in these NEA sectors. This webinar, sponsored by the Pacific Northwest Pollution Prevention Resource Center (PPRC), will identify nine major solvent applications used in two or more of the NEAs. They will describe:
- How the solvents are used in the application
- The types of solvents used
- The safer alternatives that can be used in their place
Webinar attendees, including P2 program grantees, will have the opportunity to provide input on which solvent application areas they would like to learn more about. Additional webinars may be scheduled in the future that will cover the applications of interest and their alternatives in greater detail.
During the webinar, Dr. Wolf will answer questions on the solvents, safer alternatives, and implementation strategies.
Who should attend this webinar?
- P2 program grantees
- State and local government agency P2 technical assistance providers
- EPA regional P2 staff
- Industry representatives
- Jean Waters, Pacific Northwest Pollution Prevention Resource Center (PPRC)
- Katy Wolf, Ph.D., Consultant