Next Library Festival 2021 will be a free online event. It will run 24 hours on June 3 starting at 8 am (UTC+2) following the sun around the planet to the next morning 8 am (UTC+2).
There will be keynotes, inspiration talks, participatory sessions, ignites, online happenings, The Next Room (drop-in-talkshows), singing, announcement of the winner of the Joy of Reading Award, surprises and much more.
The program is co-created with you. And we are looking for:
A: Ignites: 5 minute talks (live or pre-recorded)
B: Participatory sessions: Live workshops where we co-create and play together (45 minutes online sessions)
C: Tour Your Library (live or pre-recorded): The Next Library Community can come visit you. What do you want to show?
D: Wildcards: Ideas for online happenings, new rituals or social events
Show us what you’ve got! Be brave and surprise us!
The overall themes of Next Library Festival 2021 are:
- Library as space for Playful Learning and Creativity
- Sustainable Development Goals
We are looking for sessions, talks and happenings that could inspire, explore and share ideas related to these themes.
How to send a proposal?
Please send us a short proposal of your initial idea and answer these questions:
- Who are you?
- What organization do you represent?
- What do you want to do, and in what format? Synchronous or asynchronous? If it is a jam session: how many participants can attend your session?
- What time zone are you in?
Make it short and write in English and send it in MS Word or PDF to email@example.com
You may enclose or link to photos or short videos to explain the format or idea.
Language? The language is English, and there will not be any interpretation services available.
Send your ideas as soon as possible. Shortly after we will get back to you!
- May 6: This call will be closed!
- May 18: Program available at www.nextlibrary.net