Mar 17, 2021 1-2 pm CDT
In this webinar, the University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW-Madison) will highlight a best practices guidance document as part of their recently completed food and beverage pollution prevention work funded under EPA Region 5’s Pollution Prevention (P2) Grant Program.
The objective of the webinar is to provide attendees with:
- Principles of refrigerant inventory determination for industrial ammonia refrigeration systems;
- The application of refrigeration system inventory determination for dynamically tracking refrigerant losses from systems that would otherwise go undetected; and
- Applicable industry standards for managing refrigerant additions to ammonia systems.
Applications of these methods are intended to help food and beverage plants as well as large food distribution facilities reduce their “consumption” of ammonia in an effort to achieve P2 goals.
- Douglas Reindl, Ph.D., P.E., Professor UW-Madison & Director of the Industrial Refrigeration Consortium
- Marc Claas, Researcher, UW-Madison’s Industrial Refrigeration Consortium