Feb 24, 2021 11am-noon CST
Battery-driven energy storage systems are already being sold around the world to utilities and to homeowners with rooftop solar. However, studies suggest that energy storage for not just hours but for days and even weeks will be necessary to address the seasonal variation of expanded wind and solar power distribution. What technologies could step up to the plate as solutions, and how can we expedite their development?
- Noël Bakhtian – Discussion Lead Executive Director, Berkeley Lab Energy Storage Center
- Wesley Cole Senior Energy Analyst, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Mateo Jaramillo CEO & Co-Founder, Form Energy, Inc.
- Eric Kim Power Resources Planner, Silicon Valley Clean Energy
- Jan Pepper Chief Executive Officer, Peninsula Clean Energy