Dec 15, 2020, 11am-12:30 pm CST
Join EPA Region 4 and NPPR for the December session of the P2U (Pollution Prevention University) Training Series. This virtual session will focus on technical assistance outreach and P2 solutions.
This session is a collaborative effort with the NPPR Metal Manufacturing and Fabrication Workgroup which focuses on benchmarking education materials, training, and technical assistance programs for metal finishers; with a special interest to utilize a Green Chemistry approach to source reduction.
Information presented also supports the following EPA National Emphasis Areas (NEAs) and companion affinity groups:
- NEA #2: Chemical Manufacturing, Processing and Formulation
- NEA #4: Aerospace Product and Parts Manufacturing and Maintenance
- NEA #5: Metal Manufacturing and Fabrication
- Miguel Rodas, City of Los Angeles Source Reduction Program
City inspectors strive for a collaborative approach aimed to assist stakeholders to go beyond compliance. Learn more about the program’s efforts to:
- Benchmark Metal Finishers to find opportunities for source control, water conservation, and BMPs.
- Advance green chemistry progressively through P2 practices.
- Katy Wolf, Pacific Northwest Pollution Prevention Resource Center (PPRC)
Learn about Safer Alternatives to Vapor Degreasing Solvents for some of the toxic solvents used today. Technical assistance and real-world examples of successful efforts in the Aerospace sector will be presented, including:
- Approaches used with companies in their conversion to alternatives.
- A case study of a company that converted to a water-based cleaning process.
Interested stakeholders in the P2 network including Pollution Prevention (P2) and Source Reduction Assistance (SRA) grantees and representatives of any governmental, institutional, or other programs with a mission to further the advancement of P2.
- Learn how P2 programs are influencing the advancement of safer alternatives to toxic chemicals.
- Provide real-world examples of P2 approaches and resources to assist technical assistance providers.
- Encourage interaction and shared best practices through a Question & Answer panel session.
P2U is an ongoing series of monthly P2 webinars brought to you by NPPR and EPA Region 4 at no cost. Learn more about how this training series supports networking and professional development for P2 practitioners.