Watch the archived webinar [registration required to view].
By 2030 plastic waste is expected to increase by more than 50% to 330 million tons per annum if business continues as usual. Not only is this unsustainable for communities and the environment, it also makes little sense economically. Recent figures show $120 billion is lost each year because plastic waste is mismanaged. This hour-long webinar will explore how innovation and new business models can help transform the relationship between people and waste, redefining value and driving a circular economy.
- The business and environmental case for shifting from a linear to a circular economy for plastics
- Opportunities to leverage innovation, beyond new technologies and materials to affect behavior change
- Exciting new solutions to tackling plastic waste leakage
For more reading on the Alliance: https://endplasticwaste.org/progress-report/
- Lauren Phipps, Director & Senior Analyst, Circular Economy, GreenBiz
- Jacob Duer, President & CEO, Alliance to End Plastic Waste
- Jeff Kirschner, Founder & CEO, Litterati
- John C. Warner, Distinguished Research Fellow, Exploration and Discovery, Zymergen Corporation
- Natalie Hallinger, Behavior Change Advisor, Lecturer