Jul 15, 2020, 11:30 am CDT
This virtual workshop will give business and sustainability professionals a deeper understanding of how plastics recycling works through a “Crash Course in Plastics Recycling” presented by the REMADE Institute. It will also serve as an introduction to some of the programs and resources available to New York State companies looking to make plastics recovery and reuse a part of their business strategies.
Who Should Attend
- Business executives looking to get a basic understanding of plastics recycling
- Manufacturing professionals seeking a cross-functional understanding of post-consumer plastics
- Entrepreneurs and engineers with an interest in learning about the mechanical recycling of polymers
- Business owners who want to grow the volume of recycled plastic and polymer materials they use
- Technologists and innovators who want to overcome current limitations of mechanical recycling
About the Crash Course in Plastics Recycling
In this crash course, REMADE Institute experts will provide an in-depth overview of existing recycling technologies capable of converting plastic waste into high-value products. Topics will include washing and sortation protocols, extrusion processes, additives to adjust product properties, and laboratory methods to evaluate feed materials and products.
While the crash course targets newcomers to the field of plastics recycling, the content can also help industry veterans brush up on the basics and give representatives from adjacent industries insights into the realities of using more recycled plastics in their products.