At the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, we’ve been moved and inspired by all the people posting for #BlackBirdersWeek. In recognition that some posters are just starting out in birdwatching, we’d like to help people learn the basics of bird ID—so birdwatching can be as fun, rewarding, and challenging as you want it to be.
That’s why we’re offering free enrollment in two ID courses, to anyone who wants them, through the end of #BlackBirdersWeek (Friday, June 6). The courses are Be a Better Birder 1: Size and Shape, and Be a Better Birder 2: Color and Pattern, each a $29 value. The all-online courses feature interactive lessons, videos, and quizzes that you can complete at your own pace. The courses do not expire, so you can come back to them as often as you like.
Interested? To enroll apply the following coupon code during cart checkout:
- From the course catalog, select one or both of the courses mentioned above:
- Add them to the cart by clicking the “Enroll Now” button
- Enter the coupon code BlackBirdersWeek and click ‘Apply Coupon’
- Click ‘Proceed to Checkout’ and your total will now be $0.00
- To check out, you’ll need a free Cornell Lab account, if you don’t already have one. You’ll be guided through the process.