This RFA solicits applications from entities for grant projects to be awarded pursuant to the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative action plan. This RFA is EPA’s major competitive grant funding opportunity under GLRI Focus Area 3: Nonpoint Source Impacts to Nearshore Health for FY 2019 and FY 2020.
Under this RFA, EPA expects to award a total of approximately $14 million for about 30 nonpoint source projects in 5 categories addressing agricultural nutrients and stormwater runoff.
Applications are requested for projects within the five categories listed below, each of which has a separate Funding Opportunity Number (FON) and is separately posted on www.grants.gov. Applicants must apply for the specific funding opportunity they are interested in. Visit EPA’s web site for more details on each area.
- I.A. Riparian Restoration to Reduce Runoff to the Maumee River (EPA-R5-GL2019-RRM)
Approximately $4 million available for 5 to 10 projects
- I.B. Green Infrastructure to Reduce Stormwater Runoff (EPA-R5-GL2019-GIU)
Approximately $2 million available for 5 to 8 projects
- I.C. Manure Management to Reduce Nutrient Runoff from Farms (EPA-R5-GL2019-MMF)
Approximately $2.5 million available for 5 to 8 projects
- I.D. Accelerating Adoption of Nutrient Management through Farmer-led Outreach and Education (EPA-R5-GL2019-ANM)
Approximately $4 million available for 4 projects
- I.E. Water Quality Trading and other Market-based Approaches for Nutrient Reduction (EPA-R5-GL2019-WQT)
Approximately $1.5 million available for 4 projects