The Environmental Sustainability Resource Center invites you to register for the upcoming Sustainable Business Training Series, a four-part series of webinars designed to educate commercial and industrial facilities on the business case for environmental sustainability, identify building blocks for a successful program and provide examples and resources to help turn actions into outcomes.
The FREE webinars will take place from noon-1 pm Central on the first Tuesday of each month from February through May 2018. Registration is now open for the first webinar.
Webinar 1: Practical Approaches to Source Reduction
Tuesday, February 6, 2018 noon-1 pm CST
Register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/9097146290799903235
- Waste minimization
- The “Cost of Doing Nothing”
- Chemical substitution, reuse and waste exchanges
- Evaluation tools and resources
- Success story presentation
- Technical assistance
Nicole Krenner, Corporate Sustainability Officer with 3M Corporation, will share information about the company’s sustainability program and initiatives.
Environmental Sustainability Resource Center (ESRC) Presenters
- Lissa McCracken, Executive Director
- Cheryl Eakle, Senior Engineer
- Mark Toda, Senior Engineer
Benefits of Participating in the Webinars
- Identify low-cost/no-cost opportunities to stimulate business success through sustainability.
- Enhance environmental performance.
- Build an organizational culture that embraces and succeeds through sustainability.
- Observe real-world examples of implementation.
- Obtain tools and resources to assist sustainability efforts.
- Learn about technical assistance available.
Remaining Webinar Series Schedule
Webinar 2: Basics of Energy Management
Tuesday, March 6, 2018 noon-1 pm CST
No-cost/low-cost solutions to energy management.
Webinar 3: Influence of the Corporate Culture
Tuesday, April 3, 2018 noon-1 pm CST
Management influences to affect change in employee perception of and participation in sustainability initiatives.
Webinar 4: Developing an Action Plan & Success Stories
Tuesday, May 1, 2018 noon-1 pm CST
Utilizing an Action Plan to stay on target and achieve success.