Webinar: Uncovering Risk in the Voluntary Carbon Market

January 31 @ 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm CST
Register at http://www.aashe.org/calendar/voluntary-carbon-market/

Carbon offsets are often viewed by voluntary buyers as untrustworthy and providing little to no overall value to their core business. Six billion metric tons of carbon offsets trade annually, yet only 0.6% are traded voluntarily. The remaining 99.4% are traded in regulated ‘Cap and Trade’ markets. Worse yet, almost 36 million metric tons of carbon offsets made for the voluntary market remain unsold today. The voluntary carbon market has stagnated and failed to generate significant investment. Urban Offsets believes treating offsets like financial investments can partially address these market failures. In this webinar, Urban Offsets introduces a new method of measuring the significant hidden risks found in all carbon offset products. We will present a case study, walk through the risk valuation process, and provide comparison examples for prospective buyers. The goal of this webinar is to provide prospective offset buyers with actionable data in order to make better sustainability investments.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.