EPA is extending until January 12, 2018, the public comment period to receive information on the five persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic (PBT) chemicals subject to section 6(h) of the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA). The comments were previously due on or before December 9, 2017.
EPA is interested in information from the public about these chemicals, including uses, products containing these chemicals, exposed populations, and alternatives to these chemicals. Information should be submitted on or before January 12, 2018.
Please submit relevant information, identified by the docket identification (ID) number associated with the relevant chemical:
- Decabromodiphenyl ethers docket ID number EPA-HQ-OPPT-2016-0724
- Hexachlorobutadiene, docket ID number EPA-HQ-OPPT-2016-0738
- Pentachlorothiophenol, docket ID number EPA-HQ-OPPT-2016-0739
- Phenol, isopropylated, phosphate (3:1), docket ID number EPA-HQ-OPPT-2016-0730
- 2,4,6-Tris(tert-butyl) phenol, docket ID number EPA-HQ-OPPT-2016-0734
Information can be submitted to the docket by one of the following methods:
- Federal eRulemaking Portal: Found at http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the online instructions for submitting information or comments. Once submitted, this information cannot be edited or withdrawn. EPA may publish any information received to its public docket. Do not submit electronically any information you consider to be Confidential Business Information (CBI) or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute. Multimedia submissions (audio, video, etc.) must be accompanied by a written statement or information. The written information should include discussion of all points you wish to make. Learn more about CBI or multimedia submissions, and general guidance on making effective comments or providing useful information.
- Mail: Send comments to the Document Control Office (7407M), Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics (OPPT), Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC 20460-0001.
- Hand Delivery: To make special arrangements for hand delivery or delivery of boxed information, please follow instructions at http://www.epa.gov/dockets/contacts.html.
For more information, please visit EPA’s Assessing and Managing Chemicals website on the five PBTs at: https://www.epa.gov/assessing- and-managing-chemicals-under- tsca/persistent- bioaccumulative-and-toxic-pbt- chemicals-under