The Pennsylvania Technical Assistance Program (PennTAP) housed within Penn State’s Outreach and Online Education organization is seeking an experienced Technical Adviser that brings the combination of technical training and business development skills to the organization. This individual will primarily assist manufacturers throughout the Commonwealth of PA with reducing energy use and greenhouse gas emissions and act as a liaison to connect these entities to the vast resources available within Penn State.
Additional responsibilities will be to promote and market all of PennTAP’s service offerings to prospective clients. As a Technical Adviser, you will be responsible for identifying energy savings opportunities at manufacturers and effectively communicate those opportunities to facility representatives.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- identifying opportunities,
- writing client reports,
- client relationship building,
- student engagement and
- serving as a PennTAP liaison to Penn State faculty.
You will be expected to work closely with Penn State students to provide them with experiential learning activities outside the classroom, while also connecting manufacturers’ needs to Penn State research, faculty and facilities.
Specific training, education, and experience in the areas of energy efficiency is preferred. Competencies critical to success are:
- knowledge of, or ability to learn the main sources of energy reductions;
- results-oriented team player that also works well independently;
- strong project management skills with an ability to organize a dynamic workload;
- ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with peers, vendors, and clients; and
- ability to analyze, prioritize and solve unique problems.
Typically requires a Master’s degree or higher plus three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. This position requires that you operate a motor vehicle as part of your duties. Some overnight travel required. A valid driver’s license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in addition to standard background checks.
We seek candidates who are able to demonstrate experience and ability to advance Outreach and Online Education’s diversity initiative. This is a fixed-term appointment funded for one year from date of hire with excellent possibility of re-funding.