Updated 8/30/17 to add new links.
Hurricane Harvey and its impact in Texas has been front page news since Friday. The Houston Chronicle has a list of organizations providing relief and aid. They also have a wealth of Harvey coverage.
Below is a selection of stories with looking at Harvey and its relationship to the environment and climate change:
- How A Warmer Climate Helped Shape Harvey (NPR)
- The Energy 202: Harvey sparks new debate over hurricanes and climate change (Washington Post)
- Hell and High Water (ProPublica and the Texas Tribune, 2016)
- Hurricane Harvey looms and so do cuts to weather research (Newsweek)
- Houston dam spills over for the first time in history, overwhelmed by Harvey rainfall (Washington Post)
- Houston is experiencing its third ‘500-year’ flood in 3 years. How is that possible? (Washington Post)
- Williams Cos. says its pipeline was source of chemical leak during Harvey (Houston Chronicle)
- Boomtown, Flood Town (ProPublica/Texas Tribune, 2016)
- Houston’s Big Dams Won’t Fail. But Many Neighborhoods Will Have to Be Flooded to Save Them (ProPublica/Texas Tribune)