Application deadline: August 24, 2017
Apply online at https://jobs.siu.edu/job-details-cs?jobID=6481&job=program-coordinator-sustainability
The Sustainability Program Coordinator supports in the development, implementation, evaluation, and further improvement of programs and activities aimed at enhancing sustainability at Southern Illinois University Carbondale.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, manage, implement, and improve sustainability related programming and/or activities.
- Support the recruitment and management of student team members.
- Develop and encourage a team dynamic within the Sustainability Office staff.
- Support the development of professional skill sets within team members.
- Represent SIU’s sustainability programs to the University; maintain liaison with groups,
programs, offices and/or departments to achieve sustainability objectives.
- Represent SIU’s sustainability programs to the public; interface with external organizations.
- Develop, coordinate and/or participate in promotional activities such as website management, social media, visual communications, newsletters and/or other promotional materials and/or publications.
- Assist the Senior Coordinator of Sustainability in strategic and long term planning for sustainability at SIU Carbondale. Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness, and recommend and implement modifications to improve program effectiveness.
- Support the Green Fund program and Sustainability Council as directed by the Senior Coordinator of Sustainability.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Any one or any combination of the following, totaling three years (36 months), from the categories below:
a) College course work in any field.
- 60 semester hours equals 1 year (12 months)
- 90 semester hours equals 2 years (24 months)
- 120 semester hours or more equals 3 years (36 months)
b) Progressively more responsible work experience in supervising, organizing, coordinating or other significant work with specific educational or administrative program initiatives.
3. Two (2) years of responsible experience in supervising, organizing, coordinating or other significant work with specific educational or administrative program initiatives.
Demonstrated understanding of environmental, economic, and social issues related to sustainability to include, but not limited to: energy, water, transportation, food, waste, recycling, etc.