September 12, 2017
I-Hotel & Conference Center, Champaign, IL
Recycling experts will share their expertise and highlight the potential for making a difference in the future of the recycling industry.
- Brian Plotner, University of Illinois Student Majoring in Public Health
Research Study on Plastics Recycling in Illinois
- Max Babits, Project Analyst, RRS
Materials Recovery for the Future
- Ken Santowski, President, Chicago Logistic Service
Recovering Polystyrene (Styrofoam)
- Tanner Smith, Corporate Development Analyst, Delta Plastics
Agricultural Plastics Recycling
- BK Sharma, Senior Research Scientist, Illinois Sustainable Technology Center, division of Prairie Research Institute, University of Illinois at Champaign (UIUC).
Two Live Demonstrations
On-site pyrolysis tour
While some recycled plastics have a high value, others merely end up in a landfill. However this can be avoided. With plastics to oil technology even the most brittle, hard-to-recycle plastics could become a valued commodity. Plastics to oil converts plastic back to the oil where it originated and can be sold to refineries to produce gasoline or diesel. This demonstration with pyrolysis equipment on-site will show you how you can participate in making a difference in the future of plastics recycling.
Optional expanded polystyrene densifier tour
Recycling of expanded polystyrene is possible with a densifier. See this technology in action. Take a tour of Dart Container Urbana Plant’s expanded polystyrene recycling operation & densifier. Facility has a 24/7 drop-off so bring your recyclable Styrofoam.
A variety of recycling gurus will share their expertise and highlight the potential for making a difference in the future of the recycling industry.