The Nevada Business Environmental Program has announced a new opening for an Air Quality Specialist. This is a full-time administrative faculty position with the University of Nevada, Reno and will be based in their Reno office.
Air Quality Specialist
The University of Nevada, Reno is recruiting for an Air Quality Specialist. This position provides air quality-related environmental consulting and regulatory assistance to businesses operating within the Nevada Division of Environmental Protection- Bureau of Air Pollution Control/Bureau of Air Quality Planning (NDEP-BAPC/BAQP) jurisdiction. The position is located in the Business Environmental Program (BEP), Nevada Small Business Development Center (NSBDC) within the College of Business (COB), at the University of Nevada, Reno (UNR). This position is consistent with the University’s community outreach efforts and NSBDC’s mission to serve small businesses throughout Nevada. This position strives to improve the economic competitiveness of Nevada businesses while reducing environmental impacts, and improving compliance with air quality regulations.
85% – Technical Assistance
- Provide on-site and in-office air program technical assistance consultations for business and government operations in Nevada
- Provide phone counseling assistance through a toll free assistance line
- Prepare and distribute fact sheets, brochures, and other announcements related to air quality and regulatory requirements for Nevada businesses
- Prepare reports describing contract related activities and statistics resulting from technical assistance
15% – Training and Outreach
- Develop and conduct air quality regulatory and permitting training workshops or webinars
- Participate in annual conferences, on committees, and in workgroups of the national Small Business Environmental Assistance Programs (SBEAP) and US EPA Small Business Ombudsman
- Assist with, and lead as appropriate, program outreach efforts to cities and counties within the NDEP-BAPC/BAQP jurisdiction and economic development agencies in Nevada
The University of Nevada, Reno is a national Tier 1 university as ranked by U.S. News and World Report. The Development and Alumni Relations Division is in the silent phase of a five year comprehensive campaign with a tentative goal of $500 million. The University is a vibrant institution with a student population of 21,353 as of fall 2016. A NCAA Division 1 institution, Nevada is a proud member of the Mountain West Conference. The scenic campus, in sight of the Sierra Nevada mountains, is located 45 minutes from Lake Tahoe and four hours from San Francisco and the Napa-Sonoma wine country. The Reno/Tahoe area is a recreational paradise, close to world-class skiing and snowboarding, kayaking, hiking and bicycling. Residents enjoy the economic advantage of no state income tax. Reno is home to an emerging technology sector, with a vibrant arts and restaurant scene.
The University of Nevada, Reno recognizes that diversity promotes excellence in education and research. We are an inclusive and engaged community and recognize the added value that students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds bring to the educational experience.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience; or Master’s Degree and 1 year of professional experience.
Relevant Experience: Environmental consulting or regulatory agency experience focused on air quality.
Schedule or Travel Requirements:
- Travel required; to areas within the NDEP-BAPC/BAQP jurisdiction as needed
- Occasional variable work schedule
The official job announcement is available at https://www.unrsearch.com/postings/25242