The Environmental Council of the States (ECOS) (www.ecos.org) is accepting applications for a Project Manager to prepare, create, and deliver communications pieces and to handle specific communications projects for ECOS and a project of which ECOS is a part called E-Enterprise for the Environment. See e- enterprisefortheenvironment. net and www.ecos.org.
ECOS is the national non-profit, non-partisan association of state and territorial environmental leaders. The purpose of ECOS is to improve the environmental capabilities of state environmental agencies and their leaders to protect and improve human health and the environment of the United States. To facilitate that, staff work with state environmental directors to champion the role of states, provide for the exchange of ideas, foster cooperation and coordination, and articulate state positions to federal agencies, Congress, and the public.
This Project Manager works with state environmental directors and their staff, other ECOS staff, tribes, and representatives of federal agencies to advance the communications messages and products associated with ECOS and a project of which ECOS is a part called E-Enterprise for the Environment.
- Draft, edit, and finalize communication materials in collaboration with E-Enterprise for the Environment team members and ECOS staff. Materials include PowerPoints, fact sheets, one-pagers, press releases, op-eds, brochures, and other communications tools for the initiative;
- Monitor media coverage for ECOS and E-Enterprise for the Environment;
- Work with internal and external colleagues to prepare marketing pieces, messages, and information for identified audiences;
- Manage, and contribute to the content to, the ECOS and E-Enterprise for the Environment websites;
- Facilitate outreach, schedule meetings, create timelines, and help plan outreach and engagement events, including webinars; and
- Prepare content for social media accounts, web, and employ other tools such as video and photography to facilitate communication with geographically dispersed leaders and stakeholders, and to advance these initiatives.
Local travel only. The position reports to Alexandra Dunn, Executive Director of ECOS. Salary for this exempt, full-time, at will position is dependent upon qualifications and ranges from $55,000 to $65,000 annually. ECOS offers a comprehensive benefits package, which will be discussed with successful candidates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field and 3 to 5 years of experience in related environmental policy field.
- Experience writing and communicating about environmental and regulatory systems and issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including:
- Writing, Proofreading, Copy Editing
- Developing and maintaining contacts
- Creating and implementing marketing and outreach campaigns
- Responding to inquiries for information or directing as appropriate to key persons
- Preparing colleagues for presentations, including leave behind materials, electronic materials, and talking points.
- Excellent project management skills, including:
- Meeting, event, and briefing coordination
- Developing timelines
- Implementing marketing campaigns
- Meeting deadlines
- Measuring results and outcomes of efforts
- Managing short- and long-term projects, shipments, and materials
- Excellent technical skills, including:
- Desktop publishing
- Creating brochures
- Creating PowerPoint presentations
- Graphic design capabilities
- Using SharePoint and other technology tools
- Using WordPress
- Photography and Video
- Using Twitter, Facebook, and other social media
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including:
- Personable demeanor
- Colleague and customer oriented
- Keeps information flowing and seeks to include others
- Timely and attentive
- Works well independently or as part of a team
- Demonstrates sound judgment and professionalism
- Respect for, and ability to work within, complex decision-making structures
To apply for this position, send a resume, cover letter, and links to creative content prepared by the applicant or a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Application for Project Manager, Communications” by 5 p.m. eastern time on June 16, 2017.
ECOS is an equal opportunity employer. Position will remain open until filled.