Thursday, September 3, 2015
11:00 am – 12:30 pm Central time
Register at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4401787418327265538
Before you develop another brochure…
Before you distribute another flier…
Before you conduct your next environmental outreach initiative…
Use Community-Based Social Marketing strategies to foster sustainable behavior!
Community-based social marketing (CBSM) is an alternative approach to encouraging environmentally sustainable behaviors, by effectively combining marketing tools with community engagement techniques.
This webinar will discuss:
- An overview of Community-Based Social Marketing (CBSM).
- A tribal demonstration of CBSM conducted by the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa in Minnesota. By using the CBSM methodology, Fond du Lac successfully increased the recycling rate by 41% at its Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College.
- A draft Tribal Community-Based Social Marketing Toolkit, developed by Fond du Lac in collaboration with U.S. EPA Region 5 and Tetra Tech. We are seeking tribes’ and other stakeholder input on this draft CBSM toolkit; you are encouraged to provide feedback during the webinar.
- Shannon Judd, Environmental Education and Outreach Coordinator, Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa
- Stacey Durley, Project Manager, Tetra Tech