The Indiana Partners for Pollution Prevention (http://www.in.gov/idem/ppp/2329.htm ) invites submission of proposed presentations for the 18th Annual Pollution Prevention Conference and Trade Show [September 30, 2015; The Palms Banquet & Conference Center, Plainfield, Indiana]. The Annual Conference and Trade Show is attended by manufacturers, consultants, not-for-profits, government agencies, and vendors interested in promoting pollution prevention efforts in Indiana and beyond. The agenda for the 2014 conference can be seen at http://www.in.gov/idem/ppp/2333.htm#20140917 .
The Executive Committee of Partners is seeking presentations from Indiana and national speakers on success stories, technologies, and strategies related to pollution prevention, manufacturing efficiency, advanced chemistry, resource conservation, sustainability, wastewater management, environmental stewardship, and related concepts. Presentations that provide continuing education units (CEUs) for wastewater operator/apprentice, drinking water operator, legal, and professional engineer credits are also encouraged. Proposed presentations should have a duration of 15, 25, or 50 minutes (including questions and discussion).
Submissions must be received by 5:00 p.m. (EST) on March 6, 2015 – per attached instructions. If you have questions, please contact Steve Leeper at email@example.com or (765) 477-4302 and/or Maria Renner at MRenner@idem.IN.gov or (317) 234-5286.
Particular consideration will be given to presentations that discuss:
- Pollution prevention, sustainability, and related concepts
- Well-defined topic with focused objectives and/or learning related to manufacturing
- Success stories, new technologies, and best management practices
- Economic analyses and life cycle assessments
- Demonstrated protection of human health and the environment
- Emergency Management Systems
- Updates on existing and emerging regulations and government programs and their implications
Please note the definition of pollution prevention used by the Partners:
Pollution prevention (P2) means working at the source of pollutants to prevent them from being generated or to reduce the amount generated. It is using materials and energy more efficiently, and conserving natural resources, including water. It is following best management practices, and involving all employees in their implementation, to reduce and prevent pollution. Finally, P2 means also seeing the financial benefits of increased efficiency in the use of raw materials, energy, water or other resources.
Instructions for Submitting Proposals
You may submit more than one presentation idea.
All submissions must be received by 5:00 p.m. (EST) on March 6, 2015.
For each proposed presentation, please submit the requested information to Steve Leeper via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or U.S. Mail to the address below.
Evonik Corporation Tippecanoe Laboratories
Mail Stop TL72
1650 Lilly Road
Lafayette, IN 47909-9201
Name(s) of Author(s):
Title(s) of Author(s):
Biography for each author (Limit: 125 words – per author):
- Abstract (Limit: 200 words – to be printed in the conference materials and included on the conference web site, for accepted presentations):
- Intended Audience:
- Learning Objectives (i.e., knowledge and skills conveyed by your presentation):
- Previous presentation of this material, if any (When and Where):
- Audio Visual Needs (beyond microphones, screens, projectors, and laptop computers):
- Planned Duration (15, 25, or 50 minutes, including time for questions and discussion):
All submitters will be notified of the decisions of the Executive Committee by mid-April 2015.
The Executive Committee reserves the right to accept or reject proposed presentations based on fit with the 2015 conference. Submission of a proposal does not guarantee participation in the conference program.
For accepted presentations, a draft presentation MUST be submitted to the Partners by June 1, 2015.
Draft presentations will be reviewed and comments provided – to provide presenters with insight into the conference audience and to ensure that presentations are strategically focused.
Final presentations MUST be received (PowerPoint and/or pdf) to Partners by September 1, 2015.
Please address any questions to Steve Leeper and/or Maria Renner (per contact information provided above).