Mobile Science Camp Instructor
Salary: Commensurate with experience
United States Air Force (USAF) Youth Centers Science Camp
Purpose: During the summer, travel to four (4) to eight (8) USAF bases throughout the United States to run a traveling Science Camp. The goal of the Science Camp is to expand and assist the USAF youths’ understanding of a variety of scientific experiments, discoveries, and technologies as a lifelong sill and potential career choice, and will encompass a role-playing theme.
The camp will consist of five (5) consecutive days of training, two sessions per day, Monday through Friday. The sessions last approximately three (3) hours each. NOTE: 10 – 15 minute breaks may be provided as needed.
What are the essential functions of the job?
- Instructor shall provide training and instruction to meet youth objectives (supplies and materials are provided by Monahan, LLC).
- Instruct youth on and demonstrate the ability to successfully participate in science activities inclusive but not limited to:
- Electricity and Solar Power
- Lead team building activities and initiatives during each session to support cohesive teamwork within groups. Each Science Camp participant shall be involved in all aspects of the camp.
- Lead games, challenges and instruction in manner supporting a role playing environment.
- To increase opportunities for youth ages 9 through 18 to experience technology, experimentation, and discovery through science.
- Ensure equipment and material is set-up and prepared to lead camp no later than 30 minutes before scheduled session. Typically, first session consist of 9 to 12 year olds and starts at 9:00 am.
- Maintain vehicle and equipment.
What are the knowledge, skills and abilities required?
The ideal candidate will have broad knowledge of multiple science disciplines. They will be effective speakers to groups of up to 35 children, and equally capable of working with small groups to make learning engaging and fun. They are detailed, encouraging, adaptive, and fun loving. They have the ability to integrate science with the curriculum and make ordinary moments into unforgettable learning experiences. Previous teaching experience is preferred.
What is the educational requirement for this position?
Bachelor’s degree in job-related area, professional educator license.
Monahan LLC coordinates schedule with the participating USAF installations. Vehicle, cargo trailer, uniforms, equipment and materials are provided by Monahan, LLC. This is our sixth year running camp programs for the USAF Youth Centers. Each USAF base provides lodging one evening prior to camp and the evening of the last day of camp.
How to apply
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Owner, Monahan LLC
Champaign, IL 61821
(217) 345-7957 (work)
(904) 483-8953 (cell)