On May 12, 2014, with the publication of the Request for Proposals (RFP) Notice in the State Register, the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) has officially announced the opening of the Fiscal Years (FY) 2014-2015 Environmental Assistance (EA) Grant Program for applications.
Approximately $1 million is available for EA grant awards to provide financial assistance for researching, developing, or implementing projects and practices related to all aspects of waste management and prevention including hazardous substances, toxic pollutants, and problem materials. Additionally, market development and education grants are also allowed. The MPCA seeks to encourage environmentally-sustainable practices and approaches to pollution prevention and resource conservation. Eligible applicants, grant award amounts and minimum matching fund requirements will vary by Focus Areas and Preferred Proposals.
Applications for financial assistance will be for Proposals in the following nine (9) Focus Areas:
- Focus Area A. Volatile Organic Chemicals (VOCs)
- Focus Area B. Food Waste Reduction
- Focus Area C. Green Chemistry & Design Curriculum
- Focus Area D. Reuse/Repair/Rent
- Focus Area E. Environmental Solid Waste Management Practices
- Focus Area F. Communities Adapting to Climate Change and Extreme Weather
- Focus Area G. City Sustainability Policy Development
- Focus Area H. State ENERGY STAR Commercial Buildings Goal
- Focus Area I. School Site Sustainability and Student Environmental Education
The deadline for application submittal is no later than 2:00 p.m. Central Time as follows:
- July 16, 2014: submission deadline for Focus Areas B – I
- August 13, 2014: submission deadline for Focus Area A