EPA is pleased to announce that the application period for the 11th annual National Award for Smart Growth Achievement is now open. This competition is open to public- and private-sector entities that have successfully used smart growth principles to improve communities environmentally, socially, and economically. Winners will be recognized at a ceremony in Washington, DC, in December 2012.
- There is only one application form for all three categories listed below.
- Programs and Policies
- Equitable Development
- Main Street or Corridor Revitalization
In addition, the review panel will choose an Overall Excellence winner from those that apply in these three categories.
- Application deadline: April 6, 2012.
- Public-sector winners will receive one complementary registration to the New Partners for Smart Growth Conference in 2013.
- EPA will film short videos of the winning projects, which will be shown at the awards ceremony in 2012 and the New Partners for Smart Growth Conference in 2013 and posted on the EPA smart growth website.
- All entries must be submitted using the application form.
- The application can be submitted by either a public-sector or private-sector entity, but all applications must include a public-sector partner.
Click here to download the official award guidelines and entry form. 2012 Award Guidelines and Entry Form