The Air & Waste Management Association has great opportunities available for environmental students, including scholarships, awards, and a poster competition.
Student Poster Competition
Abstract Deadline is Monday, December 16, 2013
A&WMA’s Student Poster Awards recognizes student posters to be the best amongst those considered in the undergraduate, masters, and doctoral categories. The Student Poster Competition takes place at A&WMA’s Annual Conference & Exhibition, which this year will be held in Long Beach, CA on June 24-27, 2014.
Full-time Undergraduate, Graduate and Doctoral students are encouraged to participate in the Student Poster Competition. Students must be the primary author of the abstract associated with the poster. They must present the poster during the annual conference to be eligible for this competition.
All posters are reviewed and evaluated on the basis of: technical quality; relevance and significance to current environmental issues; and absence of commercialism.
Poster Abstracts must be submitted via A&WMA’s Abstract Submission Website.
Application Deadline is Friday, January 10, 2014
The following named scholarships are awarded each year:
- Milton Feldstein Memorial Scholarship for air quality research ($7500)
- Richard Stessel Memorial Scholarship for solid and hazardous waste research
- Jacqueline Shields Memorial Scholarship for waste management research and study
- Dave Benferado Scholarship for air pollution control and waste minimization research
Additional scholarships are also awarded each year in the following areas:
- Air quality research and study
- Waste management research and study
- Environmental management or policy research and study
- Sustainability research and study
Information on eligibility and application procedures can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8LHNSG3.
Master Thesis and Doctoral Dissertation Awards
Nomination Deadline is Monday, January 13, 2014
In addition to scholarships, A&WMA acknowledges up to two exceptional masters thesis and up to two exceptional doctoral dissertations each year. Nominations shall be made by the student’s faculty advisors, who are members of A&WMA, only. Works nominated shall be original work that makes an unusually significant contribution to the fields of:
- Air Quality
- All Types of Waste
- Sustainability/Management Pertaining to Air Quality or Waste
Master Thesis Award submission form:
Doctoral Dissertation Award submission form: